It is quite easy to export the HEC-RAS model that the software generates to Google Earth.
Follow these steps to export a HEC-RAS model to Google Earth:
- Select Input | Export Data | Export HEC-RAS to Google Earth from the ribbon menu.
- The Export HEC-RAS to Google Earth dialog box will be displayed.
- This dialog box provides various options for exporting the Google Earth file:
- The directory and Google Earth file name for the HEC-RAS data to be exported can be specified.
- The individual HEC-RAS elements can be selected for export.
- The HEC-RAS model analysis output flood map(s) can be included in the Google Earth file.
- To automatically launch Google Earth and load the exported HEC-RAS model.
- When all of the options have been properly defined, click the [Export] button to export the HEC-RAS project to Google Earth.
- The software will automatically launch Google Earth and load the exported HEC-RAS model.
Only the current scenario (or plan) will be written out to the Google Earth file. Separate Google Earth files will need to be created if multiple scenarios are to be viewed in Google Earth.