The software can display the FEMA digital Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) directly on the Map View. It is required that the Map View be assigned a coordinate reference system so that the FEMA FIRM map can be correctly georeferenced to match the map coordinates.
The FEMA digital FIRM map contains the following data:
- Flood Hazard Zones & Boundaries
- Flood Structures (i.e., roadway crossings, dams, etc.)
- Base Flood Elevations
- Cross Sections
- High Water Marks
- River Mile Markers
- and more…
Follow these steps to display the FEMA FIRM map:
- Select Watershed | FEMA Flood Data from the ribbon menu.
- The FEMA Flood Data dialog box will be displayed.
- This dialog box provides various options for displaying various FEMA map elements. Generally the default settings fulfill most flood mapping requirements. To revert back to the default settings, click the [Default] button.
- When the flood map options have been properly selected, click the [OK] button to display the FEMA flood map on to the Map View.
- As you zoom and pan about, the FEMA flood map will automatically update to fill the extent of the Map View display.
- The Map Data Layers panel will contain a legend detailing the contents of the displayed FEMA flood map. Expand the layer to see the legend details.